Monday – Friday (some weekend hours preferred PRN)
The Outpatient Coder reviews patient records and accurately assigns appropriate APC or CPT-4 codes according to established guidelines with a 95% accuracy rate, while maintaining AHIMA coding standards for productivity. Special Demands: High degree of accuracy. Must preserve confidentiality of health information.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Required, Graduation from accredited HIM program preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years coding in a hospital setting with experience in Outpatient facility coding. Must have experience in regulatory issues related to Medicare and other third party payers as is relates to hospital coding and billing
- Require RHIA, RHIT and /or CCS
- Knowledge of Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, High level of competence in coding APC and current with CPT guidelines.
- Knowledge of MS-DRGs and reimbursement methods for Medicare, CHAMPUS, Medicaid, other payers
- Familiar with charge master and use of CDM for reference
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology.
- Knowledge and support of the Company corporate compliance initiatives
- Clinical knowledge gained through education or experience
- Proficient computer keyboarding skills and basic computer knowledge including MS Word
- If working remote must have recent remote experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to investigate patient accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, management and physicians.
- Requires strong verbal skills in interpersonal situations
Contact A Recruiter
WE WANT YOU ! This is an outstanding opportunity to join our industry leading Coding team. We are a fast growing Company looking to add the top industry talent to our team. We offer an outstanding compensation package that includes competitive wages, affordable benefits, education allowance and monthly webinars in addition to ICD 10 training and education. Huge opportunity for career advancement. Contact Us Today !