- Conducts an extensive analysis of patient records to evaluate documentation of principal diagnosis and all applicable secondary diagnoses.
- Promotes appropriate physician documentation through interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and coding staff to ensure that the documentation of the level of service rendered to the patient and the patient's clinical complexity is complete and accurate.
- Links ICD-9-CM coding guidelines and medical terminology to improve accuracy of patient severity of illness, risk of mortality and final code assignment.
- Ensure that diagnoses are reported in accordance with CMS payment guidelines.
- Analyze complex clinical scenarios and apply critical thinking.
- Provide physician education as requested
- RN or Coder (Registered Nurse license (RN), Registered Health Information Administrator certification (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician certification (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist certification (CCS) or CCDS)
- Advanced clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of complex disease processes with broad based clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
- 3+ years recent experience in a CDI role
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM/CPT coding.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology.
- Knowledge and support of the Company corporate compliance initiatives
- Clinical knowledge gained through education or experience
- Computer keyboarding skills and basic computer knowledge including MS Word
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to investigate patient accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, management and physicians.
- Requires exceptionally strong verbal skills in interpersonal situations
Contact A Recruiter
WE WANT YOU ! This is an outstanding opportunity to join our industry leading CDIP team. We are a fast growing Company looking to add the top industry talent to our team. We offer an outstanding compensation package that includes competitive wages, affordable benefits, education allowance and monthly webinars in addition to ICD 10 training and education. Huge opportunity for career advancement. Contact Us Today !